Sunday, July 12, 2009

Careful, it gets deep....







Moving to LA was the best thing that I have done for myself in my life. It was the scariest too. I came here basically on my own and have now turned that into a life that I love and am proud of. I went through some really tough times at first and then again a couple of years ago but the things I've gained from those experiences are irreplaceable (not in the beyonce sense...). I found my soulmate, landed a dream job, travelled the world, and met some amazing people. And yet all this time the fact that we live on some of the most amazing coastline in the country is usually at the very back of my mind. We took a lil trip to the beach in Malibu today and it reminded me how much I appreciate where I'm at and where I've been. Thinking about it now makes me wonder if all of this is in some way a gift from my father in the infinite beyond. After all the things he did for me and my sisters I can't help but think that he is still out there striving to make our lives better in any way that he can to make up for a lot of the things that he didn't have growing up. I guess thats just my way of holding on to the idea that somehow, some way, his spirit/essence/energy/whatever you want to call it, is still out there. Either way, I owe everything to him and I just want to say thanks Dad.

1 comment:

Athena said...

so lovely! <3 your father is smiling.